The Organ at Trinity
According to Hook & Hastings
literature of that time it is the
standard size # 7 with 2
manuals, 18 registers and 525
pipes.  It is entirely tracker
(mechanical) action.  The only
modern concession is the
electric motor air supply.  A ½ hp
motor and blower directly below
the organ in the basement
supply 6 ¼ lbs of static wind
pressure.  The bellows are
directly over the blower and the
regulator located in the organ
chamber above.  The manual
keys are ebony & ivory.  The
pedal keys are walnut with the
naturals capped with white
holly-wood.   
The cabinet wood is walnut.  It is unknown if the façade pipes were as colorful as the catalog illustration. This
instrument is perhaps the best surviving pure tracker action full pipe organ in Kenton, indeed the area.  It
underwent a restoration ca. 1960 by the Moeller Company of Toledo, OH.  No records remain of the project.  It
underwent another restoration in 1993 by the Lima Pipe Organ Company, Lima OH.  The façade pipes were
stripped and refinished a gold color (from brown), their mouths of lead inserts refurbished and polished.  
Several interior pipes, damaged from years of repeated tunings, were repaired.  Cloth screens were replaced.  
Many deteriorated wood and leather pieces were fashioned and replaced.  The project was over-funded by a
successful Adopt-a-Pipe campaign in two weeks!  The result was the fine instrument we use today.
The instrument at Trinity is an excellent example of American pipe organ construction.  The Hook & Hastings
opus 1320 was installed in the then 1st Presbyterian Church in 1886 during the tenure of Rev. James Watt.